Dario is a Partner of Prothea. He spent the last 30 years working in the Investment Banking and Private Equity sectors;
Between 1985 and 2005 he worked for International Investment Banks (Merrill Lynch, UBS Warburg and ABN AMRO) active in Italy as a Corporate Finance and M&A specialist;
Between 2006 and 2013 he was CEO of Mid Industry Capital, a listed investment company active as a private equity sponsor in mid size transactions;
During his professional carrier he successfully advised and executed transactions in the infrastructure sector and in particular he was:
- Advisor to SNAM in the preparation and implementation of their privatisation;
- Advisor to Italgas in bidding for some foreign concession networks;
- Advisor to SNAM for the JV with Gazprom on South Stream;
- Advisor for the merger that created Hera and subsequent IPO;
- Advisor to Ferrovie dello Stato for the development and partial implementation of a strategic plan for the freight division;
- Advisor to Schiphol on the attempted acquisition of Aeroporti di Roma and SEA;
- Acquisition of Mar-Ter and Neri and merger between the two to create the Italian market leader of pulp logistic port operation.
David ArmaniniManaging Director
David is the founder and partner of Prothea and he is a well recognized professional advisor in the renewable energy sector;
David was awarded a Ph.D in Environmental Sciences at University of Milan (Italy) and he spent the first years of his career working as a consultant for public institutions in Europe and Canada, working on natural resources projects for the Italian, Cypriot, British and Canadian Government;
David has extensive experience in Merger & Acquisition and project development. Since its establishment in 2007, David managed and coordinated the origination and execution of renewable energy projects advising some of the largest Italian and International Institutional and Infrastructure funds, such as VEI Capital, Equitix and NOY Infrastructure, on transactions both on the primary and the secondary renewable energy market;
David has been also appointed in the last two years as board member of several energy oriented companies.
Tommaso holds a M.Sc. degree in Economics and Social Sciences from Bocconi University in Milan and a specialization master at Sole24Ore business school on financial modelling for renewable energy projects;
Prior to join Prothea in 2012, he worked as consultant in Brussels following the key EU policy developments on energy and climate topics on behalf of Italian and International energy utilities.
Tommaso is in charge of coordinating the financial analysis activity of the company by giving financial modelling and marketing support on the projects.
Pietro TorrenteSenior Analyst
Pietro holds a M.Sc. degree in Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering from Politecnico di Milano. Prior to join Prothea in 2017, he worked as a consultant in the Advisory services of one of the big four companies for nearly three years. As a member of the Finance team, he supported power and utilities companies achieve operational excellence. Pietro supports the financial analysis, modelling and marketing for infrastructure and energy projects.
Martin LibraHead of LATAM
Martin holds a M.Sc. in Financial Risk Management from the University of Glasgow, Scotland. He further specialized in renewable energy finance and obtained certification of Expert in Climate & Renewable Energy Finance from the University of Frankfurt, Germany. In recent years, Martin led the Chilean office of a european based investment and development group specialized in renewable energy projects. Further, Martin led a Chile based development and consulting company focused on renewable energy and mining projects. Martin is based in Santiago, Chile, and he is in charge of developing Prothea’s activities in the renewable energy sector for the LATAM region.
Martin’s track record include:
- development, operations management and subsequent sales of a 3 MW photovoltaic plant (IV. region, Chile)
- development of 6 MW of photovoltaic projects (IV. region, Chile)
- development and sales of 9 MW photovoltaic project (VI. region, Chile)
- development of 38 MW photovoltaic projects (V.-VII. regions, Chile)
- operations management and sales of a copper mining project (III. region, Chile)